Booking train ticket on IRCTC is never that easy, but not anymore. Booking Train ticket on Paytm has really been simplified.
PayTM offers range of online booking services from hotel booking to bus, flight ticket booking like many other portals but it has something which no others offer – IRCTC train ticket booking.
How to Book Train Ticket on PayTM – Step-by-Step Guide
First you’ve to sign up for PayTM account it’s as simple as that.
1.Login to your Paytm account -> Click Trains
2. Select Departure & Destination Stations and Date of Journey and click ” Search ”
3. Select a Train from the list convenient to your time and click ” Check Seat Availability “ , You’ll be shown with available Ticket Class : SL | 3A | 2A | 1A click which class you wan to book ticket and the number of seats available is shown in green as you can see from the screenshot below,
4. Enter IRCTC User ID to proceed, if you don’t have one already ? you may signup quick at www.irctc.co.in .
5. Enter Itinerary details just like how you would enter on IRCTC,
Add Traveller Details, Name, Age, Berth Preference, make sure the contact informations shown are correct and click SUBMIT.
6. Click ” Proceed to Book ” to goto Paytm Payment page and then to IRCTC to confirm.
7. Review your Selected Stations, Traveller Name, Email & Phone Number on the right side and Fare details on the left side , If you’ve Promo Code, enter it and click Proceed to Pay
8. Now, you have to make Payment through UPI / Netbanking / Debit / Credit card within PayTm
9. After making payment, you’ll be redirected to IRCTC website where you just need to Confirm the booking just made on PayTM.
10. Check your Email & Phone for SMS with Ticket Confirmation & Coach Details.
This is How you book Train Ticket on PayTm using IRCTC username.
Also Check: How to Check Balance on PhonePe App
It may look like involving numerous steps but when you actually try it, it’s simple as that.
Why PayTM to book Train Ticket when we’ve IRCTC already ?
PayTM offers zero transaction charge while IRCTC costs additional Rs.10 depending on payment mode you choose.
Other reason why many prefer PayTm to book train ticket is the website loads faster than IRCTC, and you no need to login again when you mistakenly clicked back button.
Can i Book Tatkal Ticket on PayTM ?
- Yes, you can book tatkal tickets on Paytm.
- But one catch though, PayTm open Tatkal ticket booking after 30 minutes of what IRCTC normally opens.
- Make sure your details are already filled-in ( auto-fill ) with PayTm, so you don’t have to manually type during rush time
- Tatkal Time starts at 10.00 AM for AC classes, 11.00 AM for non-AC classes.
Have you ever tried PayTM for booking train tickets ? What’s your experience, liked it or not ?
Do let me know via comment, also if you need any help have suggestion regarding booking IRCTC train ticket online ? Do drop it.